The Benefits of Having a Job During High School

(Image via US News and World Report)

Jennifer Campos Olvera, Writer

During high school, it’s a good decision to get a job. Some of the benefits that would come with this decision would be you would have your own money, you would be independent and would get a taste of the responsibility of the real world. 

The usual high school students only have to deal with school but don’t get to see the stress and responsibility that the world brings. Having a job and making your own money can make you feel more accomplished. Working for your own money makes you feel more independent and proud. Being able to waste or spend your own money without having to ask your parents makes  it certainly more pleasant to spend. Being independent is something that needs to be achieved when becoming an adult. Adult life is all about being independent and being able to maintain stability throughout other challenges.

Many students may feel that getting a job may be challenging but through experiencing how a job is and the responsibility it is it’ll be easier to face new challenges. Having a job is rewarding and can also help when applying to colleges. Some jobs offer scholarships and that could be helpful when applying to college. This can be a positive thing on your college application. This can make colleges interested in accepting you since you’re willing to strive for a job while being in highschool. A job can be used as a motivation to be a better coworker and to experience new settings.

The world offers many jobs and a lot of 0them to teenagers. Having an opportunity to have a job and make money, be independent and  buying your own things will help you feel like you’ve accomplished something. You’ll learn to value money more since you had to work for it and really earn it. The world may be difficult sometimes but that doesn’t mean you can give up. Just because you may have some bad experience when working that doesn’t mean you’ll have a bad experience everywhere. In order to learn how the world works you’ll have to learn how to earn money by yourself without depending on others. If you’re willing to get a job and be in highschool at the same time you’re putting an example to others and may inspire to work as well. Putting the maximum effort into working and doing school can really make you stronger. You’ll look put together and successful. You will start by having no experience but eventually you’ll become an expert. Working brings you exhaustion and stress but the outcome are much better. The effort put in will bring you more success than exhaustion.

To be willing to have a job and be in school at the same time shows a lot of confidence and success. Learning how a work environment could be and how to work with others in the future are the simple skills you have to learn first. Having just a part time job can help you know how in the future you’ll need to be once you have a serious career. All the happiness having a job could give you it’s amazing. Learn how to be an adult and take a chance, believe in yourself and be successful.