The Advocate

The Student News Site of Forest Grove High School

The Advocate

The Advocate

Daniel Caesar
Daniel Caesar
May 20, 2024

The Risk Book Summary Part;4

Screenshot
Screenshot

The Risk is the first book in The Mindf*ck series, acclaimed by The New York Times Bestseller Adult Fantasy Pentalogy by S.T. Abby. The Risk is a book full of tension, emotion, and plot twists when you least expect it. This book will give you perspectives on different types of politics that happen in the world.

Logan

Logan is grinning at his phone when Elise asks who the girl is. Naturally, he denies it, but Elise says the only reason guys grin at their phones is when they’re messaging a girl or watching porn. He laughs and studies the new evidence they got on the “Boogie Man” case. He says he’s sending a team to Boston to look for new leads and asks Elise is fine with going because he is going to work on the current mutilate and kill case. He goes back to going over the pictures, trying to find the true motives behind the killings. But Elise points out that “‘Sometimes there is no motive. We profiled the unsub to be sexually frustrated, most likely because he’s gay and can’t accept that. As a result, he’s on his way to becoming a sexual sadist once he does accept it. More than likely he was mocked, taunted, or rejected by these men.’” Logan adds saying the people in the small town don’t like them meddling in their town and don’t want them to uncover what they hid, but he’s positive that the unsub will return to the town for his end game. Elise nods and goes to pack for Boston while Logan asks Lana when they can meet next. They try to find a time to meet, but both of them are so busy that they can’t meet anytime soon. Craig walks in and tells Logan that he just got off the phone with the County Sheriff, he says the Sheriff thinks he owns the town and that there are no gays in his town. Logan and Craig have tried questioning other people in the town, but all their stories are the same as the Sheriff. They try to figure out how to come up with a more concrete profile with the little evidence they have and end up going home late.

Lana

Lana has realized that her life has started to revolve around the chime of her phone. She starts texting Logan about the latest inspection she had to go do in Virginia for her business. She realizes that she has never smiled as much before she started talking to Logan. Her past relationships have barely lasted a month, but with Logan, she knows it’s going to last a while. She thought she lost the ability to feel anything other than anger and revenge. She’s about halfway through her kill list but wishes Logan could have come into her life sooner. If he had come sooner, she would have been able to stop, but she’s too invested in her list now. The main problem is that he’s the opposite of her, she kills, while he catches killers.