Becky G
Becky G
April 15, 2024

Things To Do in Oregon

Link to image

Oregon is known for its majestic mountains, beautiful scenery, and tall trees, but Oregon can offer much more. In Oregon, you can see things like movie sites, amusement parks, secret rivers and lakes, and places that prove Oregon keeps it weird. These spots showcase what makes Oregon special. Here are some things to do in Oregon that you can’t find anywhere else.

One of the most beautiful places to visit in Oregon is Cove Palisades State Park. Located in the heart of Oregon, Cove Palisades State Park has everything from beautiful views to water sports. The park features a plateau divided by the Crooked and Metolius rivers coming together to make the bigger Deschutes River. The site started off as a swimming pool called “The Cove,” which then developed into a state park. The Cove is known for its stunning rivers that you can swim in, bountiful campgrounds, flat water paddling, and exclusive hiking trails. When at Cove Palisades, you will never be bored.

Another must-see in Oregon is The Enchanted Forest. Locals call this charming amusement park “Oregon’s Disneyland”. The Enchanted Forest is a quaint theme park dedicated to the fairytales we all know and love. The park contains roller coasters, log rides, and even haunted forests. The Enchanted Forest is divided into different villages, including one called Storybook Lane. Storybook Lane has exhibits and rides themed around Alice in Wonderland, an old lady who lived in a shoe, and Snow White’s witch. Another village looks like an old European town square. This section is known for its light shows and live performances. When in Oregon, The Enchanted Forest is a must-see. 

There are many things to do when in Newport Beach, but the coolest has to be the Sylvia Beach Hotel. This isn’t your average hotel – each guest room is decorated in tribute to a famous author. The hotel has 21 rooms in total, including rooms themed for J.K Rowling, Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf, and even Dr. Suess. The hotel sits above Nye Beach, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and is surrounded by beautiful views. The hotel attracts writers and readers from all over the world. The hotel has no telephone, no WiFi, and no TV so you can fully disconnect. This is the perfect place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing reset, to enjoy the beach, and to honor your favorite authors. 

On the drive to Hood River, you should be sure to stop at Hood River’s Fruit Loop. The Fruit Loop is a drive that passes by 30 different farms, wineries, cideries, fields of flowers, fruit stands, and more. The Fruit Loop also has a deep agricultural heritage. It started with the first fruit trees planted in 1855, which have since developed into 4,500 acres of pears, apples, and cherries spread throughout the whole loop. All along this beautiful, self-guided tour, you can sample the delicious and fresh food Oregon is known for.

As you can see, Oregon has more than its rainy weather and evergreens. Oregon houses some of the most unique and breathtaking places on Earth. These special stops are must-dos and must-sees when coming to Oregon, but there are many more places just as interesting that you’ll find along the way. All of which proves that Oregon is one of the most beautiful and charming places to visit.