Image via Wikimedia Commons
Letter to Newcomers
June 13, 2024
Image via Wikimedia Commons
Advice for Freshmen
June 12, 2024
Image via Wikimedia Commons
Advice to Freshmen
June 12, 2024

The Risk Book Summary Part;5

Screenshot
Screenshot

The Risk is the first book in The Mindf*ck series, acclaimed by The New York Times Bestseller Adult Fantasy Pentalogy by S.T. Abby. The Risk is a book full of tension, emotion, and plot twists when you least expect it. This book will give you perspectives on different types of politics that happen in the world.

Logan

Logan briefs his team on the latest case and explains that the unsub might feel sexual frustration, which leads to the victims being brutally tortured. After a few updates on the case, he goes to his office and makes dinner plans with Lana for tonight. Logan looks up her address so he can surprise her and hopes she’ll appreciate it. “Because Lana Meyers has been in my head since the day I met her, and it’d be nice if someone noticed I was missing”.

Lana

Lana is monitoring Tyler’s phone when he messages a girl named Denise, who is not his wife. He was the first one who was married from the group and is already having an affair. Jake updated her that the feds are investigating their hometown but she’s not worried. Lana Meyers doesn’t exist in that town and Victoria Evans died ten years ago and she looks nothing like her anymore. Without makeup, you can see a few faint scars on her face, and she spent a lot of money to make sure there were as few scars as possible. 

“Victoria Evans was a poor girl from Delany Grove, but Kennedy Carlyle was an heiress who died in a car accident the same night my [Lana’s] death certificate was signed. She was so mangled and unrecognizable that Jake had no problem shifting the info around in the computers. Kennedy might have died that night, but the stranger I never met saved my [Lana’s] life”. Lana went into the hospital as Victoria Evans and left as Kennedy Carlyle and took on her rich, orphan life, and “legally” changed her name to Lana Meyers. It took a while for her scars to mostly heal, while others didn’t heal as nicely. 

Everyone has a healing process. The first year for Lana was spent mourning and suffering from the loss of her family and all the trauma. The second year was spent being angry and seeking outlets. She took on kickboxing and moved to other forms of Martial Arts and mastered them all along with Jake. The fourth year was spent getting stronger and dealing with all her fears. The fifth was the first time she could withstand any physical contact. The sixth was when she could start to handle intimacy without wanting to kill the person touching her. In the seventh year, she started planning her revenge and in the eighth year, she started locating them all and learning everything about them with the help of Jake. By the ninth year, she found the truth about her father’s case and searched for the truth within the files. The tenth year is when she decided to start killing one a month. Her life would happen in between kills because she doubts that she’ll make it out alive.

Link to image