The Advocate

The Student News Site of Forest Grove High School

The Advocate

The Advocate

The 5; A Zombie Story

Part Two

Link to image

(Echo)

This time we have a 15-year-old female, Nova. She is strikingly beautiful, with a fair complexion that seems to glow with a delicate porcelain quality. Her skin is the color of creamy ivory, creating a stark contrast with her long, sleek raven colored hair that cascades down her back like a waterfall of midnight silk. Her hair is so dark that it appears almost blue in certain lighting, adding an enigmatic allure to her overall appearance. She has mesmerizing ice-blue eyes. They are like frozen pools of crystal-clear water, fringed by long, dark lashes that accentuate their striking color. Her eyes have a piercing intensity that seems to look deep into your soul. She stands at 5’11. Strengths include; having heightened senses, such as smell, hearing, and sight. She possesses telekinesis and has received training in self-defense. Weaknesses include; being unable to control her telekinesis for very long and blindness in her left eye. 

Next on the list is a 9-year-old female, Raven. Her skin is a shade of deep brown/ebony, which complements the striking contrast of her red eyes. The red eyes are like molten crimson pools, shining with an intense glare. They hold an enigmatic allure, often drawing curious glances from those who encounter her. Her hair is pure white. It flows in a silky cascade, shimmering with an ethereal radiance that contrasts against her dark skin. She is 4’1”. Strengths include flying abilities, being disciplined, and being logical. Weaknesses include: being impulsive, self-absorbed, and missing an arm.

Another one on the list is a 14-year-old male, Maverick. He stands at 10’8, with a strong and athletic build. His skin tone is a warm, olive complexion that beautifully complements his features. The sun-kissed undertones in his skin give him a healthy and vibrant appearance. His hazel eyes are a mesmerizing blend of colors, with hints of green, brown, and gold dancing in the depths of his irises. His eyes exude warmth and intelligence, and they have a way of drawing people in, making them feel comfortable and at ease in his presence. Strengths include; having various magical abilities, height, and strength. Weaknesses include; being stubborn, arrogant, and reckless. 

With tough decisions, I have decided to keep 15-year-old Nova because of her many positive traits. 14-year-old Maverick may be challenging to work with because of his annoying qualities. 9-year-old Raven can fly, however, has more poor qualities. Raven may be the one we ditch, though she might be easier to tolerate than Maverick, who has some really poor qualities that almost outnumber the good ones. Maverick’s age (14) and height (10’8) make him more useful than Raven, despite her superior abilities. I put Nova’s file in the keep pile, and decided on putting Raven’s file in discharge. Putting Maverick’s file in the keep, along with Nova’s. I get Raven discharged the following evening through Almira, my trusty assistant. 

(Raven)

I’m kicked out of the bunker, carrying my only bag – a small leather satchel with brass clasps. It was a gift from my father for my childhood treasures. Inside is a small knife, a compass, a shirt, some food, and a family picture. I start racing up the ladder to the land above, infested with zombies ready to fight to survive. I start to rush towards an abandoned warehouse. My lungs burn, and my legs ache as I keep running toward the warehouse, settling down for the night. My satchel is used as a pillow on the ground of the warehouse. I lock the doors, put a chair under the doorknobs, creating a makeshift lock, hoping to get some sleep.