Athletic Senior Profile

Ellie Schnorr

image4

Bianca Bermejo- Cross Country

1)What was your favorite part of this past season?

I really enjoyed our Saturday practices this year. It felt good to meet on the weekends and do our long runs with friends. It was a great way to start my weekend!

2)What is the best memory you’ve had during your time as an athlete for FGHS?

I will never forget our district championships in 2014. The weather was terrible, and it rained the whole time. It was miserable. But I loved it because we all ran our best times. It’s strange, but being miserable together made it a memorable experience!

3) Do you plan to play sports after high school? What are your plans after high school?

I don’t plan on running competitively after high school. But I still want to run for fun. I plan to go to a four year school either OSU or Notre Dame.

4)What do you appreciate about your team and coaches and what will you miss the most?

I appreciate that when you’re on a team everybody is out there for the same reasons. The coaches and team push you to be a better person in all areas of life. I am beyond grateful for all they’ve done.

image5

Ana Orlowsky – Volleyball

1)  What was your favorite part of this past season?

My favorite part from the last season was during one tournament when Ashlie Collins was doling out perfect sets like they were candy.

2) What is the best memory you’ve had during your time as an athlete for FGHS?

I think that would have to be, when I ran the varsity 4 by 100 meter relay my Freshman year, granted I wasn’t very good, but it was an exciting thing to be running with some truly fantastic girls.

I do not plan on playing anything other than intramural sports after high school. I plan on attending Gonzaga University to eventually go on to get my doctorate.

4) What do you appreciate about your team and coaches and what will you miss the most?

I went into my Junior year of volleyball thinking that practices were going to be all work with little time for laughs, but that was the exact opposite of the environment at practices. I appreciated the way our team, both Junior and Senior year, could find something to laugh about during practice. Shout out to them all for being the most easy going group of girls who knew how to work hard at the same time.