Letter From the Editor: Our first issue

Ruby Van Dyk, Editor in Chief

Dear Reader,

Welcome to our very first issue of The Advocate. We are extremely excited to share our paper with you. We hope The Advocate can serve as platform for student voice at Forest Grove High School, and become a place where students can keep updated on whats going on at our school, but also discuss, argue and share their ideas and work with the Student Body. We chose the name “The Advocate” because we really hope this paper can not only highlight and celebrate the diversity we have here at FGHS, but also advocate for those who don’t have a voice. This month we have a little bit of everything, from stories on Diversity in our School and Supreme Court Cases to Hamilton the Musical and Spring Sports. Our Staff have poured a lot of thought and effort into this issue, and we really hope you enjoy it. It is important to realize that some of the topics being covered this Month are controversial topics, dealing with issues that are sensitive, but very important. It is our goal as a paper to stay unbiased and informative when covering stories, or make it very clear when an article is objective or persuasive. If you are interested in working on paper, we’d love to have you on board, just contact [email protected]. But for now, sit back and take a look at The Advocate. Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Ruby Van Dyk – Editor in Chief