Boys Basketball

Kyle Thompson, Guest Writer

The Forest Grove boys basketball team has been climbing higher and higher in the OSAA state rankings over the past decade, most recently making the state playoffs four out of the past five years. After suffering a tough first round loss to Jefferson in the state playoffs last year, the returning varsity players are hungry for more. This year’s Viking team is fairly young and inexperienced, returning only two varsity starters from last year – Senior guard Bailey Evers and Junior point guard Kyle Thompson. The team consists of four seniors: Bailey Evers, Zach Stanich, Dillon James and Cameron Bernards; three juniors: Kyle Thompson, Sam Riley, and Drake Littlefield; one sophomore: Ayden Purcell; and one freshman: Guy Littlefield, along with a few JV/ Varsity swingers: Adison Emerick, Zach Richards, and Spencer Jones.

After losing the opening game of the season to Madison at home, the boys bounced back and have since won 5 games in a row including an upset victory over a talented South Salem team.  After a 5-1 start the boys are looking to be a strong competitor in the Greater Valley Conference this year and make a run in the state playoffs. Make sure to look out for posters and announcements to come support your boys basketball team!