The Advocate

The Student News Site of Forest Grove High School

The Advocate

The Advocate

Oregon’s Scenic Treasures

Sathish Jothikumar

Link to image

Throughout the world, there are various breathtaking and wondrous locations for anybody to stop by and gaze in awe, be it natural or manmade attractions. One of the 50 U.S. states, Oregon, has many visually stunning landscapes and well-known landmarks. This article is to shed light on the beautiful locations up here in Oregon for tourists and geologists alike!

Taken from Oregon State Parks, Silver Falls is a gorgeous waterfall with tons of hiking spots to explore surrounding it. You can go to the South Falls to actually hike behind a waterfall! Camping and sightseeing in this beautiful park are also options. Be warned, as some areas are within bear and cougar territory.

The Tillamook Cheese Factory is a location in Oregon that is very common with tourists. The city of Tillamook has a famous cheese factory known worldwide for both ice cream and, of course, cheese! They also provide free samples for tourists when they’re exploring the inside.

According to Atlas Obscura, the Witch Castle ruins in the mountains of Portland, accessible by hiking the Lower MacLeay Trail is beautiful. It includes very interesting and intriguing facts about the ruins and the very land it resides on!

The Enchanted Forest Theme Park is one of the only theme parks in Oregon compared to Oak Parks! It’s currently closed at the time of writing this but will reopen on March 22nd, 2024.

According to the National Park Service website, Crater Lake, located next to Mt. Scott, is the U.S.A’s deepest lake! Its max depth is 1,949 ft (594 m).  Many roads are closed up until probably June due to the snow.

From their website treehouses, the Out N’ About Treehouses located in Cave Junction are man-made treehouses built for people to rent and live in. With mattresses, kitchens, and bathrooms depending on the tree houses! Some of the houses are pretty high in the air compared to others being more grounded.

The Portland Peculiarium is a strange and extremely unique place filled with all sorts of weird items, props, and loads of cool stuff! They have all sorts of creatures posted up, like aliens, fishmen, sasquatches, ventriloquist dummies, and robots! There are tons of areas where you can take pictures for memories and fun! Feel free to check out their website at the peculiarium.com

Seaside is a city by the shores of the ocean and there are various shops and areas you can visit to keep yourself entertained, like playing in an arcade, walking on the beach, and going out for ice cream! You can also go fishing and crabbing since you’re incredibly close to the ocean!

The International Rose Test Garden located in Portland is a beautiful flower garden with food trucks and trails you can walk around and admire. Flowers can be bought in bouquets for gifts back home and there are benches plastered around the place for residents to sit down and unwind.

There are so many unique and amazing places Oregon has to offer, if you want to use your legs and walk around then you can go for hikes, if you want to take pictures and admire the places, you can go sightseeing, or if you’re just curious and bored and want somewhere to explore, Oregon is the place.