The Advocate

The Student News Site of Forest Grove High School

The Advocate

The Advocate

Oregon’s Most Beautiful Places

Link To Image

Oregon has so many beautiful places to visit and enjoy the scenery. Oregon is home to lovely beaches, cities, and natural landscapes ranging from forests to snow-capped mountains and high deserts.

The first place is the Wallowa Mountains which is northeast of Henderson County Oregon about 300 miles east of Henderson County. It runs approximately 40 miles, from northwest to southeast in Wallowa County and its beauty is incomparable. These mountains are often called the “Swiss Alps of Oregon”.Their unique features are special: the marble-capped mountains, beautiful rivers, towering waterfalls, alpine lakes, and dense forests leading to the top of Mount Howard.

Our second place is Crater Lake. This is located in Southern Oregon on Cascade Mountain. Technically, it is a volcanic Caldera and it is the deepest lake in the United States at 1,943 feet deep. It also has some of the most crystal clear water. The body of water formed 7,700 years ago when an eruption triggered the collapse of Mount Mazama and its cliff is almost 2,000 feet high. The best time to visit would be July-September when the weather is generally mild with little precipitation.

Our third place is the Tamolitch Blue Pool. It is located about 1 hour northwest of Bend and begins just off the Tamolitch Trailhead. The Tamolitch Blue Pool shows some of the clearest and bluest water and about 1,600 years ago a lava flow from an eruption of Belknap Crater buried a three-mile segment of McKenzie River. The river now flows underground from a lava tube from Carmen Reservoir to the north where it then emerges at the Blue Pool seeping up through a lava rock.

Our fourth place is the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. It is located in Woodburn, Oregon. It has some of the most gorgeous flowers through the beginning weeks of April. It covers over 40 acres of the field with its colorful tulips and it attracts a ton of visitors each spring. It opens at 5AM and is the perfect time for an early sunrise. It is also known as a popular spot for photographers and nature lovers. The Wooden Shoe Tulip is also dog-friendly.

Our fifth and final place is Oregon Coast Highway 101 which runs on the north-south highway, mostly along the Pacific Ocean, but it begins along the California state line south of Brookings and ends at the Washington state line north of Astoria and it doesn’t miss any road through Oregon. The entire length of the 101 in Oregon is 363 miles. While this isn’t an actual singular destination it is such a gorgeous stretch of road that you have to drive by and experience one day.

While there are still so many other beautiful places in Oregon I could talk about, this is all for today. I think these are some of the most beautiful places in Oregon that you should visit and enjoy one day.