The 5; A Zombie Story

Part Three

Link to image

(Echo)

Next, we have, Blaise. He’s a 39-year-old male with light olive skin, platinum blonde hair, and hazel eyes. His complexion is characterized by a warm, olive tone that gives his skin a healthy, bronzed glow. This olive complexion complements his overall appearance, lending an exotic and alluring charm to his look. The most distinctive aspect of Blaise’s appearance is his bleach-blonde hair, starkly contrasting his olive skin. His hair is impeccably maintained, and the platinum blonde shade stands out in the crowd, creating a captivating visual contrast. The hair is typically styled with a modern edge, often falling into a well-coiffed, tousled hairstyle that adds to his overall appeal. Blaise’s eyes are a shade of deep, mesmerizing hazel, with flecks of green and gold that seem to change with the lighting. They are expressive, reflecting his emotions and thoughts enigmatically and captivatingly. His facial features are strong but balanced, with a chiseled jawline, high cheekbones, and a straight nose. 

The second choice is Ember. She’s a 27-year-old female with piercing blue eyes, pale skin, and black hair. She possesses a striking and unique beauty with her porcelain-like pale skin, which seems almost untouched by the sun’s rays. Her complexion is flawless, smooth, and seemingly translucent, giving her an ethereal quality that sets her apart in a crowd. Her hair is a luscious and glossy black that contrasts beautifully with her fair skin. It falls in sleek, straight strands that frame her face and cascade down her back. The black hair is so dark it almost appears to have blue undertones in certain lighting, which complements the vivid blue of her eyes. Her eyes are her most captivating feature, an intense shade of blue that can be likened to the deep ocean on a clear day. They are like windows to a world of mystery and depth, exuding a sense of intelligence and curiosity. When she locks her gaze on someone, it’s as if she’s peering into their soul with curiosity and kindness

Blaise’s strengths are intelligence, mind control, and speed. Weaknesses include being highly impulsive, lack of self-control, and overconfidence. Ember’s strengths include possessing many supernatural abilities,  excellent swordsmanship, and determination. Weaknesses include stubbornness, being arrogant and rude, and a lack of intelligence. 

First, Blaise has some cool abilities, but Ember does outnumber these abilities with her own magical talents. On the other side, Ember lacks the intelligence that Blaise possesses. It is a tough decision. Plus the strengths are more with Ember than with Blaise so I should go with Ember and ditch Blaise. 

I put Blaise’s file in the discharge pile and Ember’s file in the keep pile. Then I called for my trusty assistant, Almira, alerting her that I needed Blaise discharged by tomorrow morning.

(Blaise)

I’m alerted that I’m being kicked out of the underground zombie base. My bags are chucked out the door I’m pushed out. I rush to the surface where the zombies are. More and more showing up around every corner I keep running away from the crowds of zombies.

I can feel my heart pounding as I scramble through the dimly lit underground passageways, panic coursing through my veins. The sudden eviction from the safety of the zombie base had left me disoriented and exposed. My bags lay strewn on the cold, damp ground outside the entrance, a stark reminder of the betrayal I’d just experienced. With adrenaline surging, I clamber up the steep, narrow staircase that led to the surface, barely looking back as the heavy door slammed shut behind me. 

As I emerged into the daylight, the world above was a stark contrast to the relative safety I’d enjoyed below. The ominous growls and moans of approaching zombies filled the air, and I could see them in every direction, their grotesque forms closing in. My survival instincts kick into overdrive as I sprint through the desolate streets, the taste of fear and desperation lingering in my mouth. I turn corner after corner, hoping to find a sanctuary amidst the chaos.

The once-familiar neighborhood was now a nightmarish maze, with debris and abandoned vehicles blocking his path. The undead, drawn by the noise and movement, seemed to multiply with every step he took. I only thought about staying ahead of the relentless hordes, praying he could find a way out of this hellish nightmare before it consumed me.

View Comments (1)