NFL Season Predictions

Image via WPTV

Now that week one of the NFL season is over, what will the rest of the season look like? The easiest way to rank the teams this season is through divisions.  In my opinion, the Eagles and the Cowboys are going to simply rule the NFC East. The Eagles were NFC Champions last season, and the Cowboys appeared in the Wild Card round. Both of these teams will most definitely at the very least make it to the playoffs. In the NFC West, the 49ers will continue to dominate the division like they have been for the last couple of years. Their offense and defense are both very profound, and I would not be surprised to see them make the Super Bowl this year. The rest of their NFC West opponents will not make it to the playoffs. In the NFC North, I could see the Lions’ new young core making a deep run in the playoffs. One sneaky playoff contender could be the Packers. Jordan Love could be the next coming of Aaron Rodgers and win a lot of games this year. Going to the NFC South, this is by far the worst division in the NFL, and the only team that could even have a chance at making the playoffs would be the Saints after their new rebuild. Even with that though, I still think it’s doubtful. The NFC is definitely much weaker than the AFC but that doesn’t mean that they could have some powerful contenders.

Now moving to the AFC. The AFC East is the best division in football and realistically, all three teams could make the playoffs. However, for the Jets after Aaron Rodgers’ season-ending injury, that is pretty unlikely. The Dolphins and the Bills will take over this division and in the end, I can see the Dolphins winning not only the AFC, but the AFC as a whole, come February. The AFC West is an overall very rounded division. The Chiefs and Chargers are going to win a lot of games this season. The Chiefs have the best quarterback in the NFL, Patrick Mahomes, and with him alone, they will be successful. The Chargers have a very good quarterback in Herbert and also have many weapons to support him. While the Chiefs may have lost the first game of the season, that was mostly in part due to star tight end Travis Kelce’s injury. As soon as he comes back, they will start winning just like last season. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make it to their sixth straight AFC Championship game in a row. Moving to the AFC South, much like their NFC counterpart, this is also not a very great division. The only team that realistically has a chance of making the playoffs in the AFC South would be the Jaguars which do have a decent chance to make the playoffs as they did last year. Lastly in the AFC North, the Bengals will likely be coming out on top of this division once again. While they had an abysmal start to the season, they will likely turn it around seeing as they have so many weapons on their offense and not a bad defense. It is very hard to predict the season’s final standings based on only the first couple of games of the season but by using stats and their standings last year comes down mostly to preferences and what you think wins games because that is the beauty of the game. Anything can happen and miracles do happen every single season.

View Comments (1)