Where Would You Be Without Music?

(Public Domain, Image via Free SVG)

(Public Domain, Image via Free SVG)

Hailey McVey, Writer

When do you listen to music? When you’re out with friends, on your way to work, or when you’re just in the mood to jam out. Most movies or TV series have background music and it’s just normal for us. On top of that, music has a lot of benefits. Some of those benefits include; that it helps you concentrate, builds connections among people, and improves your health. Where would you be without music? What would be different? Most people could never be able to function without music. We listen to music all the time. It helps us stay focused on school work and when we need to get away, music is always there to distract us. 

Listening to music while doing any task can boost up your mood or even get you in the mood to do something.  For some people, music can even help you concentrate. It takes away most other distractions and keeps your attention on the task. It can vary depending on what music you’re listening to though or vice versa. Upbeat music makes you want to get up and do something productive like chores. When you are doing something music is always the go-to because it makes what you are doing more enjoyable. 

The Pledge of Allegiance is a song that kids sing every day at school from kindergarten to high school. A song that hopefully the majority of the United States knows and that brings us together as a country. It may not be the catchiest song, but it unites all of us, as a lot of music does. Different cultures and religions have so many songs that mean so much to them and have a long history of their culture. Even hanging out with friends or family and listening to music and singing along together. Music connects us all.

Music has amazing improvements in your health. It can reduce stress and decrease blood pressure and for some people improve their depression. Listening to music a few times a day can cause drastic changes in your life and determine how healthy you are. We listen to music to unwind and relax after a long day or just for fun during the day. So do so many others because it is so easy to access all around the world! 

Music is overall an important part of my life and I have no idea what it would be like without it. It is so generalized in society and popular. For a lot of people, music is even a part of their culture. There are over 1,264 genres and over 97 million individual songs! It is so bizarre how words and rhythm can improve your concentration, health, and that it can bring people together. Not only that, but it can affect your overall mood! Crazy fact music can also help newborns brains develop. It helps little ones go to sleep easier and have a better night’s sleep for not only the baby but for their parents. So after hearing all of this, where would you be without music?