What Comes at the End of the School Year

(Image via Voices of Youth)

Jennifer Campos Olvera, Writer

With the end of the school year approaching there are a lot of stressors that affect students. For example, finals are big stressors for most of the students and it can be really stressful knowing that there are less than twenty days of school left. Many also think about their grades and how the finals can help them but also lower their grades. At the end of the school year, many people are thinking “we’re almost out and here comes summer vacation!” But, really, stress consumes the students and what they think after finals are over is, “I finally finished this school year!”.

Many students are happy that school is almost over and they get along three months to relax and refresh to start the new school year. Students feel drained and they just feel thankful that school is almost over in less than a month.

Having such small time for the school year to end can get very stressful and draining for everyone, and with finals just around the corner, everyone is trying to get everything together to be prepared for them. Having a positive mindset and studying can help the confidence of the students go up and can help them have a little more faith in passing classes and finals. This can put a lot of stress into the minds of students. Stress isn’t always bad, though — it can become a motivator to get everything done. However, while some students use it in a positive way, others don’t. Some may just be thinking about the fact that they are so beyond stressed that they just want to get things done fast rather than efficiently.

Having a positive mindset can help things come out as a positive outcome. Stress can be caused by many things and it can totally be caused by the finals coming up and having so many things to study and review can also be big stressors that can cause fatigue. Finals have an important spot at the end of the semester since it’s before summer vacation so that students have to get through finals first to actually be able to have their break from school. Many students are stressing out, becoming less energetic, and losing sleep just to study or catch up with any new lessons from classes they missed. Most students at the moment feel like they have such a limited time and they feel like time is running out.

So with the end of the school year, there come many stressors and that can trigger anxiety and more stress. Having everything coming up so soon like finals can really be stressful for everyone since everything has to be learned again. Many things can help with the stress, such as studying every day, using the time you have left to get ready for finals, and knowing that, in the end, summer will be there.