Stress Sucks

Have you ever felt so overwhelmed by the amount of stress in your life? Assuming you agree, I’d like to introduce you to things you may or may not have known about stress.

The common causes of stress list goes on and on, like missing a deadline or misplacing where you put last night’s homework. Yet, have you ever experienced stress that just won’t go away? Have you ever witnessed something Traumatic? If so there’s no doubt you’ve been feeling stressed or out of it. Lots of students struggle with emotional problems like depression, anxiety, anger, guilt, and low self-esteem. As high school students, we also tend to care about other people’s opinions because we fear we won’t be accepted. There’s a huge amount of students who can tell you, “I know how you feel” and make you realize you’re not alone. Everyone has felt these unwanted feelings of being disrupted and worn out every day from these common causes of stress. You’re not alone!

It’s important to manage your stress because unmanaged stress leads to physical and mental health problems. Stress makes it less likely to have a positive learning environment, causing you to feel stuck or trapped in everyday school life. As hard as concentrating already is, stress makes you more prone to being oblivious. Not only does your stress affect your thoughts, feelings, and behavior but affects everyone around you due to the way you react when you’re worried or upset. Stress is a very unwanted common problem in everyone’s life because our minds are fixed to believe there’s no way out.

When experiencing stress you forget to consider there’s an escape. Dealing with stress is never an easy thing because your mind feels blocked. Talking to a trusted adult about your stress can benefit you greatly by getting it off your chest. You need to take control and be assertive. It’s important to remind yourself to take care of your mind and body and at some point, you also need to accept there may be things you can’t control. Not to mention, having a positive attitude allows your mind to turn problems into new beginnings. Stress may make you feel hopeless, when it’s nothing more than an opportunity.

A tremendous group of people don’t realize the benefits of leaving behind stress. Your memory focus and other brain functions improve. On top of that your physical and mental health reform into a better state, which results in greater access to intuition. Stress is an ongoing problem in everyone’s life and learning how to deal with it could really make an impact on students feeling trapped or held down.